Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ORANGE BANANA GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
This delightfully versatile orange and banana green smoothie recipe is from the beautiful and talented Blendtec blender user and one of our favorite food bloggers, Wishful Chef. We love when just a handful of ingredients are so delicious, and powerfully nutritious! This simple orange, banana, and parsley green smoothie recipe is perfect as a detox drink or snack. Add a plant based protein powder for breakfast or before a workout, or for a post workout boost add Greek Yogurt and use a Sport protein powder. We have tested with banana, vanilla, and peach greek yogurt and all were incredibly tasty! For a VEGAN version of a high protein smoothie, try this recipe with a delicious and easy non dairy yogurt. This simple green smoothie recipe is sure to become a staple, so be sure to save it to your Blender Babes Universal Recipe Box!
Orange and Banana Green Smoothie - Detox Pre & Post Workout Versions
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup curly parsley
- 1 whole orange peeled and halved
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or sport protein optional
- 1 cup Greek yogurt optional
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PARSLEY
Parsley is the world’s most popular herb. It derives its name from the Greek word meaning “rock celery” (parsley is a relative to celery). It is a biennial plant that will return to the garden year after year once it is established.
A sprig of parsley can provide much more than a decoration on your plate!! Parsley contains two types of unusual components that provide unique health benefits. The first type is volatile oil components and the second type is flavonoids. These have been shown to inhibit tumor function in animals, neutralize carcinogens such as cigarette smoke, and increase the antioxidant capacity of the blood. (Source: World’s Healthiest Foods)