Get 20% OFF Philosophie with Promo Code: BLENDERBABES
RAW VEGAN CHOCOLATE CANDY RECIPE WITH CACAO MAGIC
We had SO MUCH fun making this super simple and easy to make raw vegan chocolate candy recipe using Cacao Magic Philosophie superfoods, which is NOT your average raw cacao.
It’s filled with good-for-you superfoods such as maca, reishi mushroom and chia seeds in addition to the raw cacao, which provides protein, fiber, magnesium, iron and calcium!
What?! Talk about a healthy way to satisfy a chocolate craving…
Sophie, creator of Philosophie Superfoods, is an admitted chocolate addict (many blender babes are!) and since this raw vegan chocolate candy is SO EASY to make, it’s no wonder she makes it all the time, and puts them into all kinds of super cute candy molds for her kiddos!
Need an easy Easter or Valentine’s Day dessert?
This raw vegan chocolate candy makes the perfect anytime holiday recipe – just put the raw chocolate mixture into a fitting candy mold, freeze it if you’re in a hurry and bring it to your party! You can also just let it set in the fridge.
A high powered blender is not necessary to make this recipe, although it does make it faster AND easier to pour! 😉
If you try this let us know if you liked it or did anything different by rating it in the comments.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted*
- 3/4 cup raw sweetener of choice maple syrup, coconut nectar, raw honey, raw sugar
- 1 cup Philosophie Cacao Magic Powder OR raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons seed or nut butter of choice or more if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ,optional
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes ,optional
- 1 tablespoon Philosophie Green Dream or Berry Bliss ,optional
- sea salt to taste ,optional
- NOTE: Recipe is for full size (about 2.5 cups). Reducing by half still makes lots of raw chocolates!
Mix all ingredients together in a blender OR with a whisk in a bowl until smooth.
- For Vitamix: Using a standard 64 oz jar**. Start on speed 1, slowly increase to speed 3 and blend until smooth
- Place chocolate mixture in chocolate molds or pour into a small glass baking dish to set.
- If in a hurry, place in the freezer for 20 minutes, otherwise you can place in the fridge until set.
- If not using molds, then cut into squares instead. Feel free to add toppings and make bark! YUM!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes #BlenderBabes & #philosophiesuperfoods
* If coconut oil is hard/solid place it oil in a bowl. Then place bowl inside a BIGGER bowl that is filled with hot water so that it will melt. You just want to liquify the pure coconut oil for use in this raw chocolates recipe.
** If using the Blendtec Wildside Jar or Vitamix Next Generation Jar may need to double the recipe! Otherwise just hand mix in a bowl.
RAW CACAO HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS
The much touted nutritional benefits or raw cacao range from reducing cataracts to improving heart function to alleviating stress.
The theobromine naturally found in raw cacao is a mild, non-addictive stimulant that some believe can treat depression.
It may cause the brain to produce more of a neurotransmitter called anandamide which would account for the euphoric sensation some feel when indulging in chocolate. (Source: About)