Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Get FREE STUFF for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
DETOX APPLE GINGER GREEN JUICE RECIPE
If you’re looking for a refreshing recipe during your detox, this apple ginger green juice will definitely hit the spot.
It scored a perfect 10 with several of our recipe testers!
If you love ginger but sometimes it’s a little spicy for you, this recipe helps balance the flavor of this cleansing root with detoxing lemon juice and green apple.
This low calorie green juice is also high in potassium with 508 mg per serving.
Other notable vitamins and minerals are Vitamin A and Manganese, making this a great snack or pre-workout green juice!
Blender Babes Hint: This recipe contains lots of insoluble fiber! Click here to learn how to reduce or eliminate green smoothie foam.
Use these tips if making this detox apple ginger green juice in a “regular” blender.
Otherwise quickly blend this up in a high powered blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
Be sure to join our community for more whole food juice recipes and if you try this, please let everyone know by rating it in the comments! 🙂
Detox Apple Ginger Green Juice
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia optional
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE setting and blend for 30 seconds OR blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 30 seconds.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“Perfectly balanced like a whole food ginger ale with just the perfect amount of sweetness and ginger. It was super refreshing.”
“This is very nicely balanced, and not particularly heavy on the fruit. It is a refreshing whole juice that I now find myself regularly craving.”
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT WATER
Coconut water is an ultimate thirst quencher offering a tasty alternative to water.
This pure liquid is packed with nutrients that yield an array of health benefits. Here are (3) benefits of coconut water that explain why it is quickly becoming popular:
1) Aids in weight loss. The fat content in coconut water is extremely low, so generous quantities can be consumed without the fear of immediately packing on the pounds.
It also suppresses the appetite and makes you feel full because of its rich nature.
2) Beautiful skin. Whether ingesting orally or swabbing it on your skin topically with a cotton ball, coconut water has the ability to clear up and subsequently tone the skin.
3) Goodbye hangover. Next time you overdo it and end up with a bellyache in the morning, consume coconut water to settle your stomach.
It also replaces essential electrolytes that exit the body if you experience bouts of frequent urination and vomiting.
4 thoughts on “Detox Apple Ginger Green Juice Recipe”
Is it ground ginger or fresh ginger?
Fresh ginger would be best. You’ll get a better taste with it. However, if you only have ground ginger, you can use that as well. Enjoy, Happy Blending XOXO!
Hi Ladies 😉 I was just wondering, if the coconut water can be replaced with something else? Unfortunately I am not a big fan of coconut water.
Hey Bob! Yes absolutely you can sub coconut water with filtered or spring water. Note that you won’t really taste the coconut water, it just adds slight sweetness, potassium and electrolytes. 🙂 HAPPY BLENDING!