Try our FREE Juice Detox!
DAIRY-FREE HAZELNUT ICE CREAM RECIPE
Switch your morning coffee flavor into a hazelnut ice cream sweet treat. This is a super easy and flavorful dairy-free ice cream to make with your Blendtec or Vitamix blender that contains only THREE ingredients! AND, if you wish to further reduce calories, use sugar free chocolate syrup or fat free or sugar free hazelnut creamer. Blender Babes prefer So Delicious creamer, which is a healthier creamer alternative. Hazelnuts are sweet in taste and highly nutritious, so you’ll be getting the best of both worlds with this tasty morning treat while doing good for your body at the same time!
- 1 cup hazelnut coffee creamer We like So Delicious
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 4 cups Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Blender Babes used to make this delicious non dairy hazelnut ice cream recipe all the time using the store bought non dairy creamer. We did learn that these creamers are not the “healthiest” so in true Blender Babes fashion, we looked for a healthy alternative. We came across So Delicious coconut milk non-dairy creamer and fell in love. Learn more about So Delicious here. 🙂
Hazelnuts are cultivated in various parts of the world, particularly Turkey, Italy, Spain, China, and the US. Our Native Americans discovered this sweet nut and used them to flavor soups. They are rich in protein and unsaturated fat and contain significant amounts of thiamine and vitamin B6, as well as smaller amounts of other B vitamins.