Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Try this simple and delicious Mango Smoothie Recipe – the taste will take you straight to the tropics! That great tangy and yet sweet flavor of a mango is unique in the fruit family which is one reason why it is so great as a tropical smoothie ingredient and made so easily in a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender. Mango is a wonderful replacement for banana in most recipes, providing the same creamy texture for those who are allergic to banana or just dislike the flavor. If you prefer a dairy free version of this smoothie, try this recipe with a milk substitute and use a soy yogurt.
Swimsuit by: La Blanca Swimwear
- 1 1/2 cups milk or milk substitute
- 1 mango, seed removed, peeled, chopped
- 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup mango sorbet
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE 10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Mangoes have been enjoyed by people of many cultures for 4000 years and are believed to have originated in the foothills of the Himalayas. They were then carried to the Middle East and Africa by Persian traders eventually being traded into the West Indies and Brazil. Mangoes are so beloved in India that though they are the largest producer, now, they export very few because the fruit is so loved by its people.
Mangoes can aid in digestion and heartburn. They also contain many polyphenols that have potent antioxidant and anticancer properties. Mangoes have high fiber that can help prevent constipation, diarrhea, and hemorrhoids. Mangoes also have a significant amount of beta-carotene, which may help prevent and/or treat acne, the common cold, ear infections, eczema, gingivitis and psoriasis.