Join our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
BANANA WILD BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE WITH CHIA SEEDS RECIPE
Start your day off right with a BOOST of energy with this tasty Banana Wild Blueberry Smoothie with Chia Seeds recipe!
This breakfast smoothie is adapted from Martha Shulman’s book “The Very Best Recipes For Health,” a delightful book with many tasty recipes.
Chia seeds have been around for centuries and provide a ton of energy and protein, and provide many more health benefits. Just throw the ingredients in your power blender and be on your way!
You will feel energized and refreshed with this healthy and delicious smoothie for breakfast or a pre-workout snack!
- 1 cup milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds soaked
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup organic wild blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 cup ice if using fresh fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
Blueberries have always grown in the wild and weren’t cultivated until the twentieth century. The Native Americans had many uses for them, both as food and medicine.
In addition to being delicious and easy to eat, blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants among all fruits and vegetables.