PEPPERMINT ALEXANDER RECIPE
This festive peppermint alexander holiday recipe will look amazing on the table at a holiday party or on New Year’s Eve! Crushed candy canes adorn the rim and a yummy mint chocolate cocktail will warm up colder days. Use your Vitamix or Blendtec to crush the candy canes for this tasty peppermint holiday drink. This will definitely be a hit during your holiday season! Be sure to join our community for more holiday recipes from Blender Babes.
- 1 ounce white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce peppermint schnapps
- Splash of half & half or milk of your choice
- 1 cups Ice
- Candy canes, to rim the cocktail glass
- Simple syrup (1 part sugar/1 part water - boiled until sugar is dissolved)
- Place candy cane(s) into blender jar. Pulse until crushed.
- Wet the rim of the cocktail glass in simple syrup then lower rim into the crushed candy canes and rotate until covered. Set glasses aside.
- Rinse out your jar and place all liquids plus ice.
- For Vitamix: Turn machine on and increase speed to Variable 3 for approximately 20 seconds.
- For Blendtec: Select ICE CRUSH button or use Speed 3 for approximately 20 seconds.
- Strain into previously rimmed cocktail glass. Garnish with a sprinkle of the crushed candy canes or a small whole candy cane and enjoy immediately!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Peppermint has long been used to treat illnesses ranging from irritable bowel syndrome to infantile colic. Primarily, peppermint aids in digestion, so sipping this drink after dinner will help to regulate the body’s processing of the meal. Peppermint reduces pain associated with IBS and relieves symptoms for those with constipation or diarrhea, especially reducing abdominal pain.