Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
Conveniently, you can just toss everything in the blender and not dirty up any bowls, which we LOVE! 🙂 You’re likely to have all of the ingredients on hand, too, which is great for when you’re busy and just need to bust out a batch of yummy breakfasts for the week!
This is the perfect chocolate cupcake recipe for when you have to bring the snacks for school or sports and don’t want to spend a lot of time cleaning up, too!!
Emergency Blender Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder not Dutch process
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canola oil expeller pressed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 375°F (190°C) and line 12 regular-sized muffin tins with paper or foil liners and spray lightly with baking spray.
- Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the hot water, canola oil, egg, and vanilla to your blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Blend on Speed 3 for 5 seconds. Then turn off the blender and add the dry ingredients. Secure the lid and press the BATTERS cycle until just combined, careful not to over blend.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1 and increase to Speed 5 for 5 seconds. Turn machine off and add the dry ingredients. Secure the lid and blend on Variable Speed 5, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blade and blend until just combined, about 30 to 40 seconds. Careful not to over blend.
- Pour into your prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly (about 75% full). Bake until toothpick insertd in center of one cupcake comes out clean, 15-17 minutes.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT COCOA
Thank goodness, cocoa is good for you!
Cocoa consumption can lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and prevent heart disease, among many other benefits.
Of course, you could add some nuts to these to add in some omega 3s and more flavor, too!