Try our FREE Juice Detox!
LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS RECIPE
These sweet, citrusy muffins have just the right amount of warmth and vanilla to be a great after-school snack, or better yet: breakfast.
Prepare these with our Blueberry Cream Cheese Frosting and you will not be disappointed!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice plus 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with papers.
- Put dry ingredients, except lemon zest and poppy seeds, in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice into your jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS button.
- For Vitamix: Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 30 seconds. Stop machine.
- For Blendtec Wildside Jar: Add poppy seeds and lemon zest , then dry ingredients 1/3 at a time to wet ingredients and press the PULSE button until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter among the cups. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cupcakes are very light brown and pass the toothpick test.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and after 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack to cool completely.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
If using a mini muffin tin, baking time will be only 20 minutes.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Lemon is a bright and refreshing flavor that always leaves us with more mental clarity, but there are many physical benefits as well!
Lemon can clear up acne when ingested or applied topically, and also relieve canker soreswith proven antibacterial and anti-fungal agents.
Any time you’re feeling a cold coming on, sip on some immune-boosting lemon water with honey to keep it at bay!