Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
HOMEMADE BREAD CRUMBS RECIPE
Why buy bread crumbs when you can make homemade ones… even with “old” bread??! Fresh homemade bread crumbs are great to have on hand whether you want to make meatballs, bread some meat, or need a few bread crumbs to thicken soup. Whether using a Blendtec or Vitamix blender, either is perfect for grinding bread into course or fine crumbs! Increase the speed to speed 3 for fine bread crumbs. Blender Babes likes to use healthy whole wheat and grain bread but of course any bread will do, just make sure to toast it first. This recipe is for Italian style breadcrumbs, so for plain breadcrumbs just omit the herbs and spices.
Swimsuit by: Syrup Swimwear
- 2 to 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toast 2 to 4 bread slices in a toaster or oven. Quarter bread slices, add herbs and seasonings, place in jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Blend on Speed 1 for 10-15 seconds and press "Pulse" to stop cycle.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase...
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS OF BASIL
Basil, or Ocimum basilicum, is an aromatic herb with varied culinary uses. Native to Asia and Africa, basil plants bear purple or white flowers and edible, green leaves. Fresh basil contains trace amounts of various vitamins, but the high chlorophyll content in this herb makes it a rich source of vitamin K. Vitamin K is essential for healthy blood clotting. Consuming this vitamin can help reduce your risk of bleeding excessively if you have a liver disorder or suffer from a malabsorption syndrome. Your body also needs vitamin K for your bones to use calcium properly.