Try Our FREE Juice Detox!
GREEN QUEEN DAIRY-FREE SALAD DRESSING RECIPE
Think of this green queen dairy-free salad dressing as the culinary equivalent of a little black dress—a staple that gets pulled out, works for most occasions, and never goes out of style.
You will love the peppery notes in this dressing, but any blend of herbs and greens can yield spectacular results.
This lean green dressing machine will transform even the most tragic salad from drab to fab. Serve chilled then bare witness to the swooning of your taste buds once the deliciousness crosses your lips.
Rich in vitamins A, C, and E, this green queen dairy free salad dressing is also great as a sandwich spread or crudité dip.
Quickly whip this dairy-free salad dressing up in your high powered blender.
Be sure to join our blender-loving tribe for more healthy recipes and tips!
If you try this let us know by rating it in the comments. HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
- 3/4 cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ bunch chopped chives
- 1/3 cup blanched raw almonds or 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon natural salt plus more to taste
- ½ cup water, plus more as needed
- 2 zucchini
- 8 cups mixed leafy greens, like baby spinach, arugula, or micro greens
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 cups julienned broccoli stalks or commercial broccoli slaw, or 2 cups peeled, seeded, and diced or julienned cucumber
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup hemp, sunflower, or pumpkin seeds
- Dash Natural salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into your high power blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- Puree on high for about one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Tweak flavors to taste (you might want more lemon juice, garlic, or salt).
- This dressing should have the consistency of thin mayo, but add a little more water to thin it out if you prefer. It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To assemble the salad, shave the zucchini lengthwise into strips with a vegetable peeler, discarding the seedy core.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the zucchini strips, greens, cabbage, broccoli, avocados, green onions, almonds, and seeds.
- Add the dressing to your preference and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper and pass any remaining dressing at the table.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ZUCCHINI
Also called courgette, zucchini has its origin in America though the largest producers today include Japan, China, Romania, Italy, Turkey, Egypt, and Argentina.
It’s available on the market in yellow, light or dark green with a shape resembling that of a ridged cucumber featuring numerous seeds. Zucchini is grown year-round and can be eaten raw, sliced, or cooked form. It can also be shredded in a cold salad and is also sometimes cooked in hot salads.
Zucchini contains significant quantities of potassium, folate, and vitamin A.
It is known to promote eye health, and is also key to preventing all the diseases that occur from vitamin C deficiency like sclerosis, scurvy, and easy bruising. Studies have shown the vegetable does wonders in helping to cure asthma.
The Green Queen Dairy-Free Salad Dressing recipe is excerpted with permission from The Blender Girl Cookbook: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks–100 Gluten-Free, Vegan Recipes by Tess Masters. Image by Anson Smart. Published by Ten Speed Press.