Try Our Free Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
SIMPLE FROZEN STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI RECIPE FROM BIT BY A FOX
This simple frozen strawberry daiquiri is a beautiful cocktail with a few little surprises, thanks to the lovely Prairie Rose of the award winning cocktail blog Bit By A Fox.
Skip all the store bought processed sugar heavy mixers and stick with fresh basics for this summer loving daiquiri!
We love the fresh strawberries, lime juice and mint in this classic frozen strawberry daiquiri recipe, with a fun blueberry addition.
You can also make this red, white and blue with a dollop of whipped cream on top!
A good power blender will give you that restaurant quality slushy or frozen texture if you so desire.
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy cocktail recipes from Blender Babes and our friends! If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know how it turns out by rating it in the comments! HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup white Rum
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries*
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces Cointreau or Triple Sec
- ice** amount depends on how slushy you like it
- fresh blueberries optional for garnish
- All all of you ingredients in the order listed and blend until it's a consistency you like.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CRUSH button OR blend on low to medium speed for about 30-40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High and blend for about 30 seconds.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** For a cold smoothie, use 2 cups of ice. Slushy, use 3 cups. Frozen, use 4 cups ice. (Use half that amount of ice if you are using frozen strawberries).
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
STRAWBERRY HEALTH BENEFITS
It has been said by many to include berries in your daily meal plan, and tasty juicy strawberries are a favorite, especially in the USA.
Studies have shown a cup of strawberries to actually help maintain blood sugar levels, which is a plus for those with type 2 diabetes.
Strawberries also have anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to an amazing combination of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Of course having these properties can also help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, including colon, breast, cervical, and esophageal cancer.