Swimsuit by: Target
POPEYE’S SURPRISE ICE CREAM RECIPE
This is an ice cream packed with goodness that surely anyone can love! It’s SECRETLY healthy, creamy and DELICIOUS! Many of you have seen this ice cream in a local demonstration of your high powered blender, and here’s the recipe! Since its perfectly sweet, you don’t even have to tell the little ones the SURPRISE ingredient (spinach!!!) that helps makes it so green AND nutritious! But should they find out, just tell ‘em its got the stuff Popeye’s made of. STRENGTH. :)
- 4-6 oz. Non-dairy creamer or milk substitute
- 1 Scoop Protein powder
- 2 T. Honey or Sweetener of choice
- 1 C. Spinach
- ½ t. Vanilla
- 4 C. Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CREAM button.
- For Vitamix: V ARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades. In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop machine.
- Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Spinach originated in ancient Persia and then was transported to China and down through Europe. Catherine de Medici, wife of King Henry II so loved spinach that she always made sure she had cooks who could prepare it especially for her. The term “a la Florentine,” which refers to any dish prepared on a bed of spinach, is attributed to her. Spinach is a powerhouse of nutrition rich in many vitamins and nutrients. Experts have identified at least thirteen different compounds in spinach that provide antioxidant and/or anti-cancer benefits. Spinach rich in calcium and magnesium, helps prevent osteoporosis. It is also an excellent source of iron, which is critical for women in menopause and for people who have anemia or chronic fatigue syndrome. Spinach contains vitamin E, which helps slow mental decline and memory loss.