Try our FREE Juice Detox!
EASY APPLE BUTTER RECIPE
We just LOVE this apple butter recipe, and what we love even more is that it can be made easily in any blender, a high powered blender isn’t necessary.
Dates and molasses are added with the apples to sweeten this scrumptious and tempting topping for crepes, french toast, biscuits, or pancakes.
Try a scoop of this apple butter recipe in your morning bowl of steel cut oats with your favorite milk substitute and we promise this sweet spread will make your mouth happy.
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 apples peeled, sliced, and steamed*
- 3 dates soft, pitted
- 1 inch x 1 inch piece lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add ingredients to jar in order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10/High. Blend for approximately 1 minute.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can place in canning jars (see notes)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Canning: there are several ways to sterilize your jars for canning. You can run them through a short cycle on your dishwasher. You can place them in a large pot (12 quart) of water on top of a steaming rack (so they don't touch the bottom of the pan), and bring the water to a boil for 10 minutes. Or you can rinse out the jars, dry them, and place them, without lids, in a 200°F oven for 10 minutes.
*If you don't want to steam the apples, you can place the slices and 1/4 c water in a medium saucepan and cook until soft. Drain from remaining water and then place the apples in a blender.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CINNAMON
Did you know that just smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory? Well it does!
The benefits of cinnamon don’t seem to stop since cinnamon is also known for helping to treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL) as well as be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraines.