Swimwear by: Meli Beach
FROZEN MANGO DAIQUIRI
It’s sweet. It’s sour. It’s fruity. It’s fresh. It’s a mango daiquiri, and it’s perfect for bringing a twist of the tropics to any occasion, from big backyard barbecues to cocktail time for two relaxing by the pool! Easily make a restaurant quality mango daiquiri at home with your Blendtec or Vitamix commercial blender with this simple, easy-to-follow recipe. :) CHEERS!
- 4 ounces. light rum
- 1 lime or lemon, peeled, halved
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute such as Stevia OR try raw/coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup mango chunks, frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CRUSH button.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Mangoes have been enjoyed by people of many cultures for 4,000 years and are believed to have originated in the foothills of the Himalayas. They were then carried to the Middle East and Africa by Persian traders eventually being traded into the West Indies and Brazil. Mangoes are so beloved in India that though they are the largest producer, now, they export very few because the fruit is so loved by its people.
Mangoes can aid in digestion and heartburn. They also contain many polyphenols that have potent antioxidant and anticancer properties. Mangoes have high fiber that can help prevent constipation, diarrhea, and hemorrhoids. Mangoes also have a significant amount of beta-carotene, which may help prevent and/or treat acne, the common cold, ear infections, eczema, gingivitis and psoriasis.