Try our FREE Juice Detox!
BLOOD ORANGE MOJITO RECIPE
Refreshing, fruity and slightly sweet, with a touch of tanginess – this delightful blood orange mojito recipe is perfect for sipping when the sun’s out.
It’s healthier than traditional summer cocktails (aka those high-sugar, syrupy concoctions served up at the pool bar,) and much lighter too.
This mojito recipe uses fresh, whole blood oranges which are naturally sweet and delicious!
Easily turn this into a mocktail NOjito by omitting the rum and adding a bit more sparkling water, or orange juice – unless they have the blood orange italian soda at your local store…
Then try half that and half sparkling water, to keep the sugar content down but add a little kick! 🙂
Go on, blend up a few blood orange mojitos to share in your power blender!
Blood Orange MojitoPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 blood oranges peeled and halved
- 3 ounces rum use your favorite, but we love to use dark coconut rum
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or other raw sugar
- 11 mint leaves plus a couple additional for garnish
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients except for the sparkling water and ice in your blender jar.
- For Blendtec: Use Manual Speed 7 and blend for 30 seconds.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Add ice and sparkling water and pulse* (two seconds per pulse) five or six times to break up the ice into smaller pieces, but not fully incorporate it.
- Pour into chilled glasses, garnish with additional mint, and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
BLOOD ORANGE HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Blood oranges contain the same super antioxidant as blueberries: anthocyanins.
Unlike other citrus fruits, blood oranges contain anthocyanins, the same red flavonoid pigments that give blueberries and blue honeysuckle berries their intense colors and amazing antioxidant properties.
Antioxidants protect our bodies from the effects of free radicals which are unstable molecules that promote the development of many degenerative diseases and pre-mature aging of the skin.
Large amounts of free radicals are formed when our bodies are exposed to pollution, cigarette smoke, drugs, toxic wastes, stress, aging, and UV radiation.
Even more the reason to load up on antioxidants!