Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle – Now 62% OFF!
Try our FREE Juice Detox!
EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Make fresh banana bread batter in seconds with your high powered Blendtec or Vitamix blender! Better and faster than grandma used to make. 🙂 Blender Babes adapted a popular recipe and made it healthier by using coconut oil, white whole wheat flour, and a healthier sugar option than white. Another trick of ours, we kept our banana bread moist by using yogurt.
Be sure to join our community for more amazing Blender Babes recipes! Share your rating with us if you try this recipe at home.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar sucanat, or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent
- 2 small bananas or more if you LOVE banana!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (176˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place eggs or substitute, coconut oil, yogurt, bananas, and vanilla into your jar in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS button. Pour batter into dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently mix until just combined. If you have WILDSIDE jar, you can now add the dry ingredients and pulse to combine. Then add nuts and continue to pulse 1-3 times until combined.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 5. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed. Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANAS
Bananas are one of nature’s best foods containing health-promoting flavonoids and poly-phenolics, such as lutein, zeaxanthin, beta and alpha carotenes. What do all these big words mean? Antioxidants – bananas contain lots of free radical fighting antioxidants.
Just one banana contains 467 mg of potassium, which is important for controlling your heart rate and blood pressure. Potassium is also good for women during that certain time of month. The same amount of banana has just one milligram of sodium. The vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) in bananas provides around 28% of what is needed daily to help prevent anemia and coronary artery disease.
14 thoughts on “Easy Banana Bread”
Can I use the pulse button on my Vitamix as well, or do I need to mix by hand?
Hi, Jazz! Yes, you can use the pulse button.
Super easy and so good! My 10 year old son LOVES it too. Definitely will make it again!
Awesome!! Love hearing that Katherine! 🙂 ~ Blender Babe Tarashaun
This is a easy to make recipe. I didn’t have any nuts, so I added 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and dried cherries 1/4 cup. And, it was wonderful! The chocolate melted and the kids loved it!!
Yes absolutely! We just had a community member test it with almond meal and gluten free flour and said it turned out AWESOME! :d
HA!!! We love blending in our bathing suits! 😀
We love chocolate covered katie! We have a coconut butter recipe as well. Love that you made this recipe gluten-free and it still turned out AWESOME! Thx so much for sharing! 😀 HAPPY BLENDING!
Love any recipe I can make in my Blendtec blender–this one is especially delicious. Doubled the bananas called for, replaced AP flour with 1 c. almond meal and 1/2 c. gluten free flour from trader joe's. I used coconut sugar and added chocolate chips. Topped it with coconut butter, also made in my blendtec, recipe courtesy of The "Chocolate-Covered" Diet's Chocolate Covered Katie. 🙂 It was delicious!
Trying now, glad to have feedback below re bananas. Wait, first I need to get into my bikini. Then I'll make it.
Can you make it with almond flour?
If you wanted to make this recipe gluten-free, you may need to do more than just switch the flour – I’m no baking expert, but I think you’d need something to keep it from being too dense. We will work on a gluten-free banana bread option!
Linda liked the website, dekuji
I just tried this recipe, it turned out good not a wow but maybe because it is cheap on the bananas, need definitely more.