Try our FREE Juice Detox!
EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Make fresh banana bread batter in seconds with your high powered Blendtec or Vitamix blender! Better and faster than grandma used to make. 🙂 Blender Babes adapted a popular recipe and made it healthier by using coconut oil, white whole wheat flour, and a healthier sugar option than white. Another trick of ours, we kept our banana bread moist by using yogurt.
Easy Banana Bread RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar sucanat, or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent
- 2 small bananas or more if you LOVE banana!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (176˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place eggs or substitute, coconut oil, yogurt, bananas, and vanilla into your jar in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS button. Pour batter into dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently mix until just combined. If you have WILDSIDE jar, you can now add the dry ingredients and pulse to combine. Then add nuts and continue to pulse 1-3 times until combined.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 5. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed. Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BANANAS
Bananas are one of nature’s best foods containing health-promoting flavonoids and poly-phenolics, such as lutein, zeaxanthin, beta and alpha carotenes. What do all these big words mean? Antioxidants – bananas contain lots of free radical fighting antioxidants.
Just one banana contains 467 mg of potassium, which is important for controlling your heart rate and blood pressure. Potassium is also good for women during that certain time of month. The same amount of banana has just one milligram of sodium. The vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) in bananas provides around 28% of what is needed daily to help prevent anemia and coronary artery disease.