Try our FREE Juice Detox!
EASY BANANA ALMOND SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Need a go-to smoothie for those busy mornings and afternoons? Try my Banana Almond Smoothie – It’s sweet, simple and perfectly balanced to help you burn fat, build muscle, increase your energy and reduce cravings. If you use a really sweet protein powder, a touch of vegan yogurt or low fat plain Greek yogurt can help balance the smoothie. If you have leftovers, be sure to freeze them in popsicle molds to make a great snack for you and the kids!
Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency, and join our community for more healthy smoothie recipes from Blender Babes and our friends! If you try this recipe be sure to let us know what you think by rating it! HAPPY BLENDING! :)
- 1/2 cup almond milk OR other milk substitute OR water (more if needed)*
- 1 banana (ideally frozen)
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter OR 12 raw almonds
- 2 servings vanilla protein powder (vegan or whey)
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon low fat plain Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE setting and blend for 30 seconds OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 20 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
BLENDER BABES RECIPE TESTER NOTES
“This was fantastic. It was my first time using vanilla protein powder, and I was a bit nervous. I shouldn’t have been! It was creamy and delicious. I omitted the yogurt since I’m dairy-free. The nutmeg was a nice addition. This was as velvety as a milkshake and quite filling. The nutmeg really lends a nice warmth and the vanilla pulls everything together.” and “I would much rather have this shake knowing that it is better for you instead of a Diner’s Malt Shake with all of the sweets, creams, and dairy in it! Barely tasted Almond Butter, am surprised by that and that made me wondering that next time I would use About Time’s Vegan Chocolate Protein, maybe it would taste like Jamba Juice’s Chocolate Moo’d, I can already image and taste that!”
HEALTH BENEFITS AND FUN FACTS OF BANANA
If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again. Bananas have many benefits for you if you eat them regulary. They help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar and then see how they protect against muscle cramps and nighttime leg cramps after workouts. Women who suffer from PMS can also improve their mood and reduce symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.