3 HOMEMADE FACE MASK RECIPES THAT DOUBLE AS BABY FOOD
I like to think of these simple baby food recipes as a way for mom to turn lemons into lemonade.
If you’ve ever tried to feed a baby, you know that there is a very good chance that food is going to be flung in your face. 😉
There’s just something about spoons and little ones that induces food fights. Since you’re bound to get a bit of that food on your face, you might as well make the most of it!
Perfect for all skin types, whether you have oily skin or dry skin you’ll be blown away by the ingenious of these simple recipes.
- QUINOA and BANANA
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe banana
- SWEET POTATO and MANGO
- 1 Medium Cooked Sweet Potato boiled not roasted
- 1 Ripe Mango peeled and cut into chunks
- APPLES and AVOCADO
- 2 Green Organic Apples cored
- 1 Ripe Avocado meat only
- Add your ingredients to your blender and puree until smooth.
- For Blendtec: Using TWISTER jar, use SPEED 4 for 15-20 seconds, turning lid counterclockwise during blending. Using FOURSIDE jar, use SPEED 4 for up to 15 seconds. If blade is spinning freely, stop machine, remove lid and with rubber spatula push ingredients toward blade, then continue blending on SPEED 4 until smooth.
- For Vitamix: Turn machine on, and increase to speed 4 or 5. Remove lid plug and use tamper to push ingredients toward the blade. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until smooth.
- For Baby: Feed as snack or freeze in ice cube trays for later.
- For Facial: massage into face and neck using a circular motion for 2-3 minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
Quinoa and Bananas
For Blender Baby: Two of my favorite foods – quinoa and bananas – together make a high protein, high fiber treat for your little one. Not only is this a gluten free option, but bananas are gentle on your baby’s tummy and a healthy carbohydrate that will keep them full.
For Blender Babe Facial: As for your skin, this blend doubles as a gentle exfoliator that also works to prevent acne and blackheads. Rich with vitamin A, B and E, you’ll also enjoy its anti-aging benefits.
Mango and Sweet Potato
For Blender Baby: Sweet potatoes quickly become a staple for your child because of their delicious taste and nutritional value. Full of protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, they’re also a great source of iron. Mangoes also offer plenty of nutritional value, with the added bonus that they help your child absorb that much needed iron.
For Blender Babe Facial Mask: In regards to your face, the antioxidants and vitamins help slow down the aging process, restore elasticity to your skin, balance your skins pH and give your skin a natural glow.
Apples and Avocado
Babies and adults both love these two foods. They’re just so darn tasty!
For Blender Baby: Apples provide a great source of vitamin A and C, folate, potassium, magnesium and calcium. On top of that, avocados offer niacin, iron and healthy fats needed for your child’s healthy development.
For Blender Babe Facial Mask: As a facial, these two work to brighten up dull looking skin. Blackheads, blemishes and sullen? Not for long. The antioxidants and healthy fats will soak into your skin to give it much needed moisture, repair skin cells, reduce the appearance of dark spots and give you agorgeous glow
Next time your little one tosses food in your face, make the most of it. You might look like you got into a food fight at the moment, but YOUR SKIN WILL LOVE IT!