Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
COCOA COLADA COCKTAIL RECIPE
This cocktail is not the strongest one in our cocktail repertoire, but will definitely conquer some chocolate cravings while being suitable for a party, get together or just a lazy Saturday! The tart pineapple juice combines with the creamy chocolate to create a delicious cocoa twist on an old classic. If you’re looking for a boozier concoction, simply substitute 1/2 ounce of creme de cacao for 1 full ounce of rum – and don’t be surprised when it knocks you over! Blend it up in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender in under a minute and serve frothy with a wedge of pineapple by the pool. This recipe serves 1, so for a pitcher full, be sure to triple the recipe!
Cocoa Colada Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces dark Creme de Cacao
- 4 ouncs pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces coconut creme or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For BLENDTEC: Press ICE CRUSH button or Use Manual Speed 4 until desired consistency is reached.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 10-20 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with a pineapple spear if desired and enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Pineapples are sweet, tangy, and available canned if not fresh, so there’s no reason not to eat up! They also prevent coughs and colds as they are packed with Vitamins C and A. Pineapple also contains calcium to strengthen bones! Pineapple is also anti-inflammatory, so it will reduce joint pain and swelling and fight the onset of arthritis.