Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
CHOCOLATE BANANA (aka Choconana) SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Choconana = chocolate + banana smoothie! Who doesn’t like chocolate? And who doesn’t like chocolate mixed in with a fruit to create a luscious and healthy smoothie? We have made this with organic chocolate syrup as well as an even healthier version with raw cacao and a honey. You can also try tossing in a handful of spinach, the little ones will never know the difference! Bananas (especially frozen!) are a perfect choice to add to any smoothie creating that rich creamy texture that makes a smoothie great. This satisfying chocolate banana smoothie can be made quick and easily in a Blendtec or Vitamix blender however not to fret, it can also be made in a “regular” blender!
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
- 2 cups milk or milk substitute
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao* or healthy chocolate syrup
- 1 banana fresh or frozen
- 3 cups ice less if using fresh banana
- * If using raw cacao - add 2 tablespoons raw honey or other sweetener of choice.
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Bananas appeared in Malaysia around 4,000 years ago after which they spread to India, Africa, and parts of Europe, finding their way to the Americas via Portuguese explorers in 1482. Today the main banana producing countries include Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Mexico, all of which export to the United States. Bananas are high in potassium lowering blood pressure and also reduces the risk of stroke. Potassium also supports bone health by counteracting the loss of calcium associated with a high-salt diet. Eating high-fiber foods such as bananas, reduces the risk of coronary heart disease and cardiovascular disease.