Try my FREE 7 Day Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
PUMPKIN RUM MILKSHAKE RECIPE
Booze, ice cream, and healthy vitamins all in one drink? We’ll take it!
This will warm everyone up at your holiday party — this recipe serves three generously, so double or triple to fit your gathering.
You can make your own pumpkin puree for this recipe or use canned.
I make this pumpkin rum milkshake recipe deliciously dairy-free with cashew milk and vegan vanilla ice cream!
Easily turn this into a kid-friendly shake just by removing the rum.
You may also use light rum, but may want to add extra rum or sweetener — I recommend a few dates or some drops of stevia.
- 3 ounces dark rum
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 pint vegan or light vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups milk substitute or milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place ingredients in blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: MILKSHAKE button or blend on a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 30-40 seconds
- For Vitamix and other variable speed blenders: Start on variable speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip high. Blend until smooth (about 45 seconds).
- Pour into glasses and serve. If desired, top with a pinch of cinnamon or crumble some gingerbread on top!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN
One cup of pumpkin is packed with 3.4 grams of iron, 1,906 micrograms of vitamin A, and 15 percent of your daily vitamin E.
All of these serve to boost and protect the immune system and keeping your eyes, bones, and teeth healthy. Pumpkin also protects against cellular damage and cancer.
Rum, when enjoyed in moderation, has proven to reduce occurrence of heart disease when paired with light but regular exercise.
It has also been proven to reduce stress and kidney cancer.
One serving of rum is 1.5oz. If you drink too much, the health benefits will not factor in the next morning, so please enjoy responsibly!