Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
DR. OZ COCONUT CHAI BREAKFAST SHAKE RECIPE
Dr. Oz does it again with this tasty and healthy coconut chai breakfast shake. If you love coconut you are going to LOVE this smoothie. It’s full of tasty spices and high in protein. Between the rich nut butter and plant based protein powder this morning smoothie is enough to keep you going until lunch, or used as a post workout smoothie. We see why this smoothie is part of Dr Oz’s 30 Day Meal Plan Detox Diet Breakfast Shake Recipes! If you need extra fiber, be sure to the optional ground flaxseed.
Swimwear by: Brass Monkey Swimwear
Dr. Oz Coconut Chai Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- 2 tablespoons almond or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 heaping tablespoons plant-based protein powder ideally vanilla flavor
- 1 tablespoon ground flax-seed optional
- 1 cup ice
- Place all the ingredients into the jar in the order listed
- With a Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button
- With a Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Ready to Upgrade Your Blender?
See my most recommended blenders by budget!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT CINNAMON
For diabetics and hypoglycemics numerous studies have shown cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar and helps your metabolism which is also great news for anyone who wants stable moods and energy levels. It can also reduce pain linked to arthritis. Studies have shown it effectively balances hormones due to a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which is effective for menstrual pain and infertility.