Try our FREE Juice Detox!
PUMPKIN PECAN PIE GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Next time you’re at the pumpkin patch in autumn, pick up an extra pumpkin to blend!
Adding pumpkin to this pecan pie green smoothie makes it an anti-inflammatory green smoothie recipe.
Hello, healthy joints, organs, and soft tissues!
Be sure to join our blending loving tribe for more healthy green smoothie recipes and tips from Blender Babes and friends!
If you try this let us know by rating it in the comments. HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
- 1/2 cup water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree chilled
- 1 bananas
- 1/4 cup pecans soaked and rinsed
- 2 Medjool dates pitted and soaked
In a medium bowl, soak the dates in the almond milk for 20 minutes.
If using a power blender: add all ingredients and blend until smooth.
If using a regular blender: blend the spinach and almond milk mixture until smooth. Add the water, pumpkin, bananas, and pecans and blend again.
All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
1. If you're using fresh pumpkin, bake it at 375F for about 1 1/2 hours for a medium sugar pumpkin, or until tender. Chill in the fridge overnight before blending.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKIN
Not only is fall’s signature squash versatile enough to make delicious smoothies, breads, soups, and lattes, it also packs some powerful healthy perks…as long as you take it easy on the pie 🙂 See below for some wonderful health benefits.
- Feel Fuller. Touting only 50 calories per cup, mashed pumpkin has 3 grams of fiber, fiber keeping you fuller longer so you eat less overall.
- Boost Vision. A cup of cubed pumpkin contains almost twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, which promotes good vision, especially in dim light.
- Sleep Better. Pumpkin seeds are rich in tryptophan which contribute to after-meal sleepiness.
- Have a Healthier Heart.
- All that fiber can also help your heart.
Recipe excerpted with permission from Simple Green Smoothies by Jadah Sellner and Jen Hansard. Published by Rodale Books.