Enter to win our latest Blender Giveaway!
HOW TO MAKE FRESH POWDERED SUGAR
How to make your own delicious powdered sugar in seconds with your Blendtec or Vitamix blender. Make your weekend pancakes an even tastier treat by sprinkling some extra sweetness on it like yummy powdered sugar, or use it for this delicious blender chocolate fondue recipe! Never buy boxes of powdered sugar again, just so they sit in your pantry barely used! Whether you need a little to dust over your desserts, or enough to make icing or frosting, it’s quick and easy to create your own powdered sugar in seconds.
Swimsuit by: Victoria’s Secret Swimwear
How To Make Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 to 2 cups granulated sugar
- Place ingredient in the jar
- For Blendtec: Press the SPEED UP Button to Speed 9 and run for 30 seconds
- For Vitamix: Use special dry grains jar. Select VARIABLE, speed 1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to Variable 7 or 8. Grind to desired degree of fineness, about 30 sec.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
For less refined powdered sugar option, substitute granulated sugar with sucanat or turbinado/raw sugar
HEATLH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Powdered sugar, also known as confectioners’ sugar or icing sugar, is a very fine sugar and is even available in different degrees of fineness , most commonly XXX, XXXX, and 10X, with more Xs indicating finer grains! WOW! It is generally mixed with cornstarch, wheat flour, or calcium phosphate to improve its flowing ability, and is therefore not generally used to sweeten beverages.