Check out our latest Blender Giveaway!
DELICIOUS NON-DAIRY YOGURT & BABY FOOD RECIPE
Yogurt is a delicious and healthy snack, but unfortunately not everyone can tolerate dairy. If you’re one of those people, you’ll love this simple non-dairy yogurt recipe that is super easy to make in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender! High in fiber to keep things regular, this is also a perfect addition to include in your baby food recipe collection. Creamy from the avocado and sweet from the blueberries, adults and kids alike will love this on the go yogurt snack. Just throw the ingredients in your high powered blender and you have fresh and healthy yogurt, minus the dairy! Yummy :)
Be sure to join our community for more healthy blender recipes.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup blueberries or any other berries
- 2 tablespoons water (add more for desired consistency and "regular" blenders)
- Place all ingredients into the blender and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Using TWISTER jar, use SPEED 4 for 15-20 seconds, turning lid counterclockwise during blending. Using FOURSIDE jar, use SPEED 4 for up to 15 seconds. If blade is spinning freely, stop machine, remove lid and with rubber spatula push ingredients toward blade, then continue blending on SPEED 4 until desired consistency is reached.
- For Vitamix: Turn machine on, and increase to speed 4 or 5. Remove lid plug and use tamper to push ingredients toward the blade. Blend for 20-30 seconds, until desired consistency is reached.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Avocados have 35% more potassium than a banana and contain more natural fiber than any other fruit, which aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar. They also contain heart healthy oleic acid which improves your cardiovascular system, adds Vitamin B6 and folic acid which help prevent heart disease. They also contain the master antioxidant “Gluthathione” which boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
North America is the world’s leading blueberry producer, accounting for nearly 90% of world production. Blueberries have high amounts of very beneficial antioxidants, which studies show may help improve memory and slow down cognitive problems associated with aging. Don’t worry about using frozen over fresh blueberries, since new studies have found that we can freeze blueberries without doing damage to their delicate anthocyanin antioxidants (yay!)