Try our FREE Superfood Smoothie Challenge!
BRANDY ALEXANDER COCKTAIL RECIPE WITH ICE CREAM
What better way to pamper yourself than with a delicious boozy milkshake?!
This creamy Brandy Alexander recipe with ice cream will surely hit your sweet spot and make you feel (almost) like a kid again.
Using your favorite brandy, chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk you’ll be giddy with delight as you sip this cool grownup version of everyone’s favorite sweet treat.
Blend up a batch for your next get-together or enjoy for dessert.
This is a super easy job for a power blender, such as a Blendtec or Vitamix.
- 1 ounce brandy
- 1 cup chocolate nonfat frozen yogurt, ice cream or vegan ice cream
- 1/4 cup low fat chocolate milk or chocolate milk substitute
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- Shaved cocoa or nutmeg optional, for garnish
- Place all ingredients into the container in the order listed and secure lid.
- For BLENDTEC: Use the ICE CRUSH button OR use manual SPEED 4 and blend for 30 seconds.
- For VITAMIX and other variable speed blenders: Select Variable Speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10/High
- Blend for 35 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with nutmeg or shaved cocoa.
- Serve immediately.
All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments and enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
The health benefits of chocolate have long been touted – it can help lower blood pressure and “bad” LDL cholesterol, it helps fight inflammation and can reduce cardiovascular risk. Chocolate contains mood-boosting tryptophan as well as flavanoids that may protect the body from harmful free-radicals. In addition, studies have shown that chocolate milk can help aid in post-workout recovery for high-endurance athletes. The high protein and carbohydrate content in chocolate milk replenishes the body’s depleted nutrients and milk-based proteins in particular promote greater muscle protein synthesis than their soy-based counterparts.