Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Try our latest Blender Giveaway!
SUN DRIED TOMATO HUMMUS RECIPE
I am a hummus addict. This homemade version is much less expensive than buying store-bought, and I think it tastes better too! Personally, I like my hummus a little thinner, so I double the lemon juice and/or oil depending on what I feel like eating. This is a versatile recipe similar to our other hummus recipes, so season to taste and enjoy! Your Blendtec or Vitamix can easily make this smooth, if using a regular blender it shouldn’t burn out so long as you have enough liquid (keep the liquid from the chickpeas!).
Be sure to join our community for more delicious recipes easily made in a blender! If you try this recipe, share your thoughts with us by rating it in comments section below. We love to get your feedback!x
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- One 15- ounce can garbanzo beans reserving the liquid
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and close the lid
- For Blendtec: With TWISTER & FOURSIDE* jar – Press the BATTERS/DIPS button. Twister: Spin lid with tines counterclockwise while blending. Fourside: If blade spins freely, stop machine and use spatula to push ingredients toward the blade then repeat. Repeat until smooth, adding some of the reserved garbanzo bean liquid if necessary.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase to VARIABLE, speed #6. Blend for 15 second increments. Use tamper to mix/press ingredients into the blade and blend again, until desired consistency is reached, adding some of the garbanzo bean liquid if necessary.
- Refrigerate to thicken, or eat immediately with some olive oil drizzled on top and maybe a sprinkle of smoked paprika. Enjoy!
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Sun-dried tomatoes contain more bioavailable lycopene than raw tomatoes, so occasionally using them to make something like this hummus is definitely a good idea. Sun-dried tomatoes also contain more vitamin C than raw tomatoes, since ascorbic acid is added to the tomatoes for preservation. One 100 gram serving of sun-dried tomatoes contains half of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C. Raw tomatoes do have more vitamin A, so variety is the best when it comes to keeping a balanced diet. Switch it up and use sun-dried tomatoes next time you have the opportunity!
2 thoughts on “Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe”
Cut lemon juice in half. Doubled garlic. Love this recipe. Thank you!
Awesome Mike! So glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for the feedback. 🙂 You should join us for our next blender challenge!