Try our FREE Juice Detox!
NUT-FREE CHERRY CHOCOLATE HONEY MANDELBROT RECIPE
This remix of a traditional holiday treat is particularly favored by those of Jewish faith due to its use of oil instead of butter — which means it’s also dairy-free! Like biscotti, this crumbly cake-like bread is perfect for dipping and sharing at gatherings – just sweet and chocolaty enough to serve as a tea-time snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
This nut-free version is allergy friendly and has more variable flavor, but you can try raisins, walnuts, and other nut and fruit combinations to fit your gathering, diet preferences, and flavor profile. We left this classic recipe as is, but you can healthify it with different oil and/or flour to suit your needs.
Simply pulse the ingredients together in your Blendtec or Vitamix or regular blender until combined, fold into dry ingredients, bake, and serve.
Dairy Free, Nut Free Cherry Chocolate Honey MandelbrotPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
For the Mandelbrot
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tespoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries
For the topping
- 1 egg white
- Cinnamon sugar from grinder if available
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (176ºC) degrees.
- Place wet ingredients (eggs, oil, vanilla extract, orange extract, honey, and pomegranate juice) into your blender jar.
- For Vitamix: Set to Speed 10 and turn off and on to PULSE until combined.
- For Blendtec: PULSE until combined.
- Hand mix dry ingredients of flour, sugar, salt, baking powder together.
- In a large bowl place wet ingredients, slowly mix dry ingredients together with wet. Once well blended, fold in chocolate chips & cherries.
- Split dough in half and place each half as a log on parchment paper. Approx 8x4 logs. Cover each log with egg white wash and then cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the logs for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden on top.
- Take logs out and turn oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut each log into 12 pieces, place them back on parchment paper cooking EACH side for 7 - 10 minutes to achieve browned, crisp edges.
- Take out and cool.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHERRIES
Cherries, especially the tart cherries they use for dried cherries, are so underrated! Those who add cherries to their diet experience less weight gain that those who do not. If you work out a lot, incorporating cherry juice into your recovery regimen has proven to reduce post-workout pain and soreness.