BLENDER HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE
I LOVE hollandaise sauce, however when I was a kid I always hated getting stuck whisking the pot for a full 15 minutes on an exciting Saturday morning!
As a busy mom I don’t have time to “stir constantly” anymore.
Instead of whisking away in the kitchen, try this simple recipe for a light, lemony butter emulsion in your high powered blender (please note: it must be a blender that can heat through friction).
For those asking: Is hollandaise sauce keto? YES it is!
Psssst! If you’re on a Keto Diet you must check out my friend LeAnne of Healthful Pursuit.
- 1 cup /250 mL unsalted butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons /30 mL freshly squeezed lemon juice or tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon /15 mL water
- 1/2 teaspoon /2 mL salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons /30 mL finely chopped fresh tarragon (optional)
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium-high or microwave in a bowl. Skim and discard foam. Pour butter into a measuring cup, leaving white solids behind.
- Place yolks, lemon juice, water, cayenne pepper, and salt in your blender.
- For Blendtec: Use SOUP button and let run full cycle. If butter is not hot, reheat. Press SOUP button, while motor is running, slowly pour butter through hole in lid.
- For Vitamix and other variable speed power blenders: Start on speed 1, turn machine on then slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for 1 minute (and reheat butter if it's not hot). While motor is running, remove lid plug and slowly pour butter through hole in lid and blend for 2 minutes. Stop machine.
- If the sauce is too thick, continue to blend while adding more lemon juice.
- Pour into an ovenproof bowl. Stir in tarragon.
- (Keep warm in a 200F (90C) oven for up to 15 min if not serving immediately. Whisk just before serving.)
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Nutrition info includes optional fresh tarragon.
READY TO UPGRADE YOUR BLENDER?
See all current Vitamix sales!
CAYENNE PEPPER HEALTH BENEFITS
Cayenne pepper is grown all around the world and is used to add zest to most dishes.
Who would think that cayenne pepper had such life changing health benefits? Well it does!
Did you know that you help a person from suffering from a heart attack by giving him cayenne pepper in a cup of water.
It supplies vital nutrients to the heart, raises the body temperature, improves blood circulation by thinning the blood, removes toxins from the blood and rebuilds blood cells.
This pepper is a rich source of potassium, calcium and vitamins such as beta-carotene, B-complexes, vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C.
Although cayenne pepper is spicy, it heals stomach and intestinal ulcers.
It improves digestion by stimulating the peristaltic movement of the intestines. It heals digestive problems such as abdominal cramps, acidity and gas.