Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
MAKE FLAX POWDER FROM FLAXSEEDS
Flaxseed is an outstanding nutritional food source. What isn’t well known is that whole flaxseeds are difficult to digest and its nutrients are poorly absorbed. Flax powder can go rancid quickly, so it’s best to grind whole flaxseeds in small batches at a time with your Blendtec or Vitamix blender, or grind for a specific recipe rather than buy flax powder in bulk. However to keep from going rancid, flaxseeds can be stored for up to a year if stored in an airtight container. We like to store ours in a ziploc bag in the freezer, and they certainly never last too long in our test kitchen! Ground flaxseed can be utilized best sprinkled in smoothies, over cereal and salads, and as an ingredient in bread, pasta, baked desserts, etc.
Swimsuit by: Guess Swimwear
- 1/4 to 2 cups whole flaxseeds
- Place ingredient in the jar.
- Blendtec: Press the SPEED UP Button to Speed 5 and run for approx. 20 seconds
- Vitamix: Use special dry grains jar. Select VARIABLE, speed 1. Turn on machine and quickly increase speed to Variable 5. Grind to desired degree of fineness, about 30 sec.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
The flax plant has been around since the Stone Age, and the early colonists brought the plant to North America, including Canada, which is the world’s leader in flax and flaxseed today.
Flaxseeds are an excellent plant source of omega-3 fatty acids and are a wonderful alternative source of omega-3 for anyone who doesn’t eat fish or take fish oil supplements. Ground flaxseeds provide fiber that can reduce cholesterol levels and help stabilize blood sugar levels in diabetics. The magnesium in flaxseeds can lower high blood pressure and help treat insomnia. Flaxseed contains lignans, substances which protect against development of breast cancer in women. Made from pure ground flax, seed Flax Powder is famous for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects.