Try our FREE Juice Detox!
EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Make fresh banana bread batter in seconds with your high powered Blendtec or Vitamix blender! Better and faster than grandma used to make. :) Blender Babes adapted a popular recipe and made it healthier by using coconut oil, white whole wheat flour, and a healthier sugar option than white. Another trick of ours, we kept our banana bread moist by using yogurt. Be sure to join our community for more amazing Blender Babes recipes!
Easy Banana Bread
Author: Blender Babes
Recipe type: Quick Bread
Serves: 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans or walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar, sucanat, or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs or egg substitute equivalent
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (176˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place eggs or substitute, coconut oil, yogurt, bananas, and vanilla into your jar in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the BATTERS button. Pour batter into dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently mix until just combined. If you have WILDSIDE jar, you can now add the dry ingredients and pulse to combine. Then add nuts and continue to pulse 1-3 times until combined.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn machine on and slowly increase to speed 5. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed. Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.