Want to write about wellness and have your voice be heard?
Join the Blender Babes Contributor Network!
Blender Babes welcomes new contributors for our growing online community and we invite you to submit your writing.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Subject: BlenderBabes.com is focused on healthy living! It’s our goal to deliver content relating to health, wellness, fitness and cooking-related subject matters. For consideration, submissions must be focused on these approved subjects.
- Word count: No word minimums, but typical posts range from 1000-2000 words.
- Tone: FUN, informative and accessible!
- All content submitted must be original to Blenderbabes.com. We do not accept posts that have been previously published (even from personal blogs) or that you plan to publish elsewhere. We do not post SEO-driven submissions, so please do not submit posts plugged with links and personal/company promotion.
- Acceptance: We do not compensate for posts, however we are happy to include a byline and your brief bio with links to your website and social media accounts. We read each and every contributor submission sent in, and will respond to you within 14 days to let you know if your post has been accepted. If your post does exceptionally well, we may ask you to become a Blender Babes Ambassador.
- By submitting to Blender Babes you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Blender Babes editorial team.
A few tips for writing a Blender Babes-style post:
- Write something original and inspirational. Your post should inspire people to try something new. We all know the basic health benefits of the fruits and veggies featured in our smoothies, anyone can Google them, we’re looking for something more! Originality is big in our book, so make sure you’re not covering something already featured on BlenderBabes.com.
- Give tips. People love actionable steps to trying something new or achieving a goal. If your post recommends a new idea, make sure you tell people how to do it (in an attainable way).
- Make it fun! Blenderbabes.com is all about having fun, and being healthy while doing it. Make sure your posts reflect this tone, and informality. We don’t like scientific jargon. If you’re going to write about the endocrine system, fantastic, but make sure you use language people understand.
- Include an image. Nothing illustrates a story better than a great photograph. Please include an original image, if available. If not, you may submit a Creative Commons photo with a link to the original source.
When you’re ready to submit, please email us the following:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email or in a word document.
- Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your website and social media pages.
- All of the above can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.