Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
ALTON BROWN BUFF SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Like many of you, we have been watching Alton Brown for years now, and love his insights on how to cook as well as his delicious recipes. Alton’s smoothie recipe is an antioxidant packed flavorful low calorie smoothie that the whole family will enjoy any time of day. Thankfully, you don’t NEED a Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender for this recipe, but of course it makes it easier! We prefer Pomegranate or Acai juice for added nutritional benefits over grape juice. You can use fresh or frozen fruit of course, but by using frozen fruit you get an extra thick shake consistency smoothie! For a dairy free version of this smoothie, try using a milk substitute like almond or soy milk, and if you wanted to sneak in a handful of spinach and/or a spoonful of chia seeds to easily turn this into a more nutritious green smoothie, the Blender Kids won’t suspect a thing!
- 1/2 cup favorite milk substitute or lower fat milk
- 1/2 cup acai grape, or pomegranate juice
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- Add ingredients to the jar and secure lid. Blend until smooth.
- Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button.
- Vitamix: VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
Nutrition info calculated using acai juice.
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Juicy and sweet, the peach is rich in Vitamin A, as well as minerals and beta carotene. This low calorie fruit also contains a healthy amount of dietary fiber and it easy to digest. Peaches are not only super delicious and a perfect ingredient to add to your smoothie, they also offer several health benefits! Peaches aid in intestinal function, are fortifying and invigorating, and offer protection against cardiovascular disease.
Oh Blueberries, how we love thee. Hard to believe these tasty little bites are one of the world HEALTHIEST foods. High in antioxidants, blueberries are considered the second best food (after KALE) for preventing cancer. Studies have shown they also benefit the nervous system and the brain!