Get FREE eBooks/Downloads for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
WATERMELON DETOX JUICE RECIPE
We devised a truly thirst-quenching watermelon detox juice to keep you hydrated and help your body cleanse all summer long.
We love to feature watermelon in liquid form (see our Watermelon Ginger Juice, Watermelon Lime Chia Fresca, Watermelon Agua Fresca, Watermelon Martini) and despite all of the beet-skeptics we love the nutritional superpower of beets, so we’ve combined the two to make this Watermelon Detox Juice!
Super simple to whip up in any blender, the lemon and watermelon mask most of the beet flavor.
For those truly sensitive to the taste of beets (and picky kids!) we recommend using a small cooked and peeled beet or even a golden beet
This is the perfect summer drink to help with any hangover, and maybe even boost your libido (see Health Benefits below)!
WATCH A QUICK VIDEO OF THIS WATERMELON DETOX JUICE RECIPE:
And subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more blender videos!
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 small beet 1/4 cup, cooked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 cup Ice
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE button.
- For Vitamix: VARIABLE speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed #10/HIGH. Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS ABOUT BEETS
The wild beet, the ancestor of the beet with which we are familiar today, is thought to have originated in prehistoric times in North Africa and grew wild along Asian and European seashores. In these earlier times, people exclusively ate the beet greens and not the roots.
Beets’ value grew in the 19th century when it was discovered that they were a concentrated source of sugar, and the first sugar factory was built in Poland. When access to sugar cane was restricted by the British, Napoleon decreed that the beet be used as the primary source of sugar, catalyzing its popularity.
1. Beets are nature’s Viagra. Seriously. One of the first known uses of beets was by the ancient Romans, who used them medicinally as an aphrodisiac. And that’s not just urban legend – science backs it up. Beets contain high amounts of boron, which is directly related to the production of human sex hormones.
2. Beets are high in many vitamins and minerals. Potassium, magnesium, fiber, phosphorus, iron; vitamins A, B & C; beta-carotene, beta-cyanine; folic acid. These are but a few of the many nutrients, vitamins and minerals that can be found in beets and beet greens. Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
3. Beets are great for detoxing. They are a wonderful tonic for the liver, works as a purifier for the blood, and can prevent various forms of cancer.