Ready to use your blender to create easy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies, condiments, cocktails and treats? Grab our Ultimate Healthy Blender Recipes eBook Bundle - Now 62% OFF!
Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
SECRET INGREDIENT MATCHA SHAKE RECIPE
I discovered this match shake recipe by accident while blending a matcha shake, and realized I was out of ice! So I subbed some frozen watermelon and found this shake tasted better than ever! The pastel green color tricks you because the flavor is deliciously pure pink.
This shake has a sweet matcha flavor that is very pleasant. With the same texture as some of your favorite restaurant shakes, this matcha shake recipe is a tasty introduction of another super healthy ingredient, matcha! (See below for a listing of it’s many health benefits). We also tested this recipe with one of our FAVORITE new superfood blends, Green Dream by Philosophie! Watch us blend up this tasty shake recipe and have some fun!
Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency, and join our community for more nutritious and healthy shakes and recipes! Share your rating with us if you try this one at home! 🙂
Secret Ingredient Matcha Shake
- 1 cup your favorite non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 frozen banana
- 1½ cups frozen watermelon chunks or more for a frostier shake
- 1 to 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chia seeds optional
- 1 tablespoon Philosophie* Green Dream optional
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the SMOOTHIE button. Stop machine when you reach a frosty consistency you like!
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE Speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE Speed 10/HIGH or use the SMOOTHIE setting. Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MATCHA
A long standing tradition of Japanese culture, matcha green tea is the highest quality powdered green tea available. Made from nutrient-rich young leaves, the tea is stemmed and steamed before it is ground up to make a very fine powder. It is then stored away from light and oxygen to preserve its brilliant green color and many antioxidant properties. The tea, consumed for over a millennium in the Far East, is now considered to be a very valuable whole food on the market. Health benefits include:
- Is packed with antioxidantsincluding the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Is rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels
Image & recipe excerpted with permission from 365 Vegan Smoothies by Kathy Patalsky. Published by Avery.
173 thoughts on “Secret Ingredient Matcha Shake from 365 Vegan Smoothies”
i am ready to try matcha!
DO IT TALIA!! 🙂
I have not tried Matcha yet, however, it sounds like something I need to have around, especially for this recipe! 🙂
Agreed! Kathy made us a bunch of Matcha loving Blender Babes! 🙂
I love matcha, it’s become my newest addiction since finding out about it last year!
Ready to try this, it sounds delicious
I cant believe that the recipe is so short and simple, although, I’m not really familiar with some of the ingredients used lol…But the green smoothies showcased on this website, looks really appetizing. I cant wait to try them all…Its a really great site. THANKS!!!
I am an avid juicer/smoothie maker, but I have yet to try matcha. I need to go and buy some ASAP so that I can try this drink!
Love matcha… now I need a new blender to make all these great recipes!
I love matcha! First tried it in Japan!!
Yes I have tried Matcha, but not yet in a smoothie !!
i’ve tried matcha and I love it in everything from ice cream to soy milk.
I have tried matcha before, in several different ways. I don’t drink it often as tea, but I like adding it to other things.
I haven’t tried matcha before… Not sure why but I’m still on the fence. Guess i need to give it a go!
I’ve had green tea ice cream but never made anything with matcha.
Tried it in a bubble tea shake– excellent!
I love matcha, it makes a great tea “latte”. Can’t wait to try it in a smoothie!