Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
INTERMEDIATE’S GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE
If you’re getting started with green smoothie recipes, or you’ve already tried this beginner green smoothie, then it’s time to check out this intermediate green smoothie by raw foodist Linda Wooliever from the Vitamix recipes cookbook!
A green smoothie is when greens are blended in with a fruit.
They provide a powerhouse of nutrients that will help to satisfy your cravings as you go throughout the day.
You have probably noticed by now that as you incorporate more green smoothies into your diet, your cravings for greens have gone up while your cravings for junk have gone down!
What’s even better, is that the taste of the greens is usually hidden behind the fruit, so even the pickiest of eaters will still be fans of these healthy and yummy smoothies!
They’re so easy to make and so nutritious!
Use a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix for the best consistency, and join our community for more nutritious green smoothie recipes from Blender Babes and our friends! If you try this recipe, make sure to let our community know what you thought of it by rating it in the comments. HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
Intermediate's Green SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups water filtered
- 3 pears ripe quartered
- 1.5 cups about 4-5 leaves of kale, deveined
- 3/4-1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen (or your favorite fruit)
- 2 small bananas
- 1 cup ice less if using frozen fruit
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed and secure lid.
- For Blendtec: Press the WHOLE JUICE setting OR blend on a Medium to Medium-High speed for 50-60 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 1 minute).
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS OF KALE
Kale contains beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin (a carotenoid similar to lutein), calcium, fiber, and delivers more than twice the recommended daily value of calcium.
A sulfur-containing phytonutrient in kale called sulforaphane is believed to have powerful anti-cancer, anti-diabetic and anti-microbial properties and is released when the leaves are chopped or chewed (or blended in a green smoothie!).
Kale also contains powerful antioxidants that help protect against certain cancers such as ovarian cancer.
Kale is an excellent green to use for detox smoothies as it has cleansing properties.
The nutrients in kale help protect against cataracts while promoting healthy lungs, cardiovascular health and boosts the immune system.
Kale has anti-inflammatory properties making it an excellent food for those with rheumatoid arthritis.