Enter our latest Blender Giveaway!
AMAZING EASY CRANBERRY RELISH RECIPE
Every year as Thanksgiving approaches, fans ask NPR’s Susan Stamberg for her mother-in-law’s easy cranberry relish recipe.
Its also good on next-day turkey sandwiches or with roast beef.
It may not be the prettiest, but it tastes terrific! 🙂
This unique and super easy cranberry relish recipe has become a favorite at my boyfriend’s traditional family Thanksgiving get together.
I’ve been hounding his Aunt Meg for two years trying to track down the recipe!
I knew it must be the perfect easy cranberry relish recipe that could be made faster in a blender (of course!)
You can quickly make this in the morning, or make ahead of time, freeze and thaw the morning of your holiday party!
If you try this easy recipe for cranberry relish, please let us know what you think by rating it in the comments. HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CRANBERRIES
Cranberries are often a popular part of holiday celebrations in the form of cranberry sauce and dried cranberries added to stuffing, casseroles or desserts.
Coming in at only 25 calories per half cup, cranberries with their high vitamin and fiber content also pack in some great health benefits when consumed often.
Fiber– High fiber intake is associated with significantly lowering risks for developing stroke, hypertension, diabetes, coronary heart disease and obesity.
Increased fiber intake also lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Vitamin E – a fat -soluble antioxidant involved in immune function that may help prevent or delay the chronic diseases associated with free radicals.
Easy Cranberry Relish RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups whole raw cranberries washed
- 1/2 cup onion
- 3/4 cup sour cream OR vegan sour cream such as Tofutti
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 2 tablespoons horseradish* from a jar
- Place into a power blender in the order listed, secure lid.
- The relish will be thick, creamy, and a shocking pink.
- Put in a plastic container and freeze.
- Early Thanksgiving morning, move it from freezer to refrigerator compartment to thaw.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** If your Vitamix does not have a PULSE feature, turn the machine to high and turn on and off to equal 1 pulse.