Get FREE eBooks/Downloads for Your Health! Click Here 🙂
SIMPLE FROZEN STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI RECIPE FROM BIT BY A FOX
This simple frozen strawberry daiquiri is a beautiful blended cocktail with a few little surprises, thanks to my friend Prairie Rose of the award winning cocktail blog Bit By A Fox.
Skip all the store bought processed sugar (yuck!) heavy mixers and stick with fresh basics for this summer loving daiquiri!
We love the fresh strawberries, lime juice and mint in this classic frozen strawberry daiquiri recipe, with a fun blueberry addition.
Personally I always try to include a handful of berries into my diet every day. The reason I recommend this to you and my clients as well is these delicious little gems on earth are nutritional powerhouses. Not only are they high in antioxidants, fighting all the free radicals in our bodies that can cause cancer, they are also low in sugar compared with other fruit.
You can make this a MOCKTAIL without the run, making it perfect for the kids and those abstaining from alcohol.
You can also make this red, white and blue with a dollop of whipped cream on top!
🌟 Want recipes like this to help you use your blender more? Get “Blender Cocktails” in my eBook Bundle Sale! 🍾 Get ALL 9 of my Healthy & Quick Blender Recipe eBooks📚 for one low price! Go To BlenderBabes.com/eBookBundle
A good power blender will give you that restaurant quality slushy or frozen texture if you so desire.
Be sure to join our blending-loving tribe for more healthy cocktail recipes from Blender Babes and our friends! If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know how it turns out by rating it in the comments! HAPPY BLENDING! 🙂
Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 1 cup white Rum
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries*
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces Cointreau or Triple Sec
- ice** amount depends on how slushy you like it
- fresh blueberries optional for garnish
- All all of you ingredients in the order listed and blend until it’s a consistency you like.
- For Blendtec: Press the ICE CRUSH button OR blend on low to medium speed for about 30-40 seconds.
- For Vitamix: Start on Variable Speed 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to Variable Speed 10/High and blend for about 30 seconds.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments to enter our weekly photo contest! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
** For a cold smoothie, use 2 cups of ice. Slushy, use 3 cups. Frozen, use 4 cups ice. (Use half that amount of ice if you are using frozen strawberries).
STRAWBERRY HEALTH BENEFITS
It has been said by many to include berries in your daily meal plan, and tasty juicy strawberries are a favorite, especially in the USA.
Studies have shown a cup of strawberries to actually help maintain blood sugar levels, which is a plus for those with type 2 diabetes.
Strawberries also have anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to an amazing combination of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Of course having these properties can also help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, including colon, breast, cervical, and esophageal cancer.