Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
BASIL PINE NUT PESTO RECIPE
We love this simple but classic basil pine nut pesto recipe easy made in your Blendtec or Vitamix blender, no need to break out and clean your food processor (or buy one!). Toast the pine nuts for added flavor, and make sure not to over blend so watch your timing. You can use a good pesto sauce for any type of pasta, or as a spread for sandwiches. It’s so good we mop up every last drop with a rustic or crusty bread!
Basil Pine Nut Pesto
Author: Blender Babes
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add ingredients to your jar in the order listed.
- For Blendtec: Use your manuel keys and take it to speed 6, let it run between 15 and 30 seconds. Careful not to over blend.
- For Vitamix: Start on speed 1, turn the machine on, slowly increase to speed 7 and let it run for 30 to 45 seconds. Press the ingredients into the blade with the tamper.
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! 🙂 Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Both basil and pine nuts each offer nutrional benefits, but they’re not the only healthy ingredients in this classic pesto recipe . Olive oil is a large part of the heart healthy mediterranean diet. Garlic supports the immune system and can help keep cholesterol under control. Basil provides antioxidant protection as well as anti-inflammatory effects. Pine nuts are a high protein nut that are an excellent source of vitamins B1 and B3, manganese, copper, magnesium, molybdenum, and zinc.