Try our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge!
EASY AVOCADO SPREAD RECIPE
Are you out of cilantro and craving guacamole? This easy spread or dip recipe is one way to get some more avocado in your diet! Combining ripe avocados with healthy fats and the acidity of lemon, onions, and Tabasco results in a zesty, smooth spread. Perfect for a man-loving sammich, or it will go perfectly with any chip or veggie since it’s the perfect creamy, indulgent appetizer dip. You can adapt this for a food processor or “regular” blender, but using a Blendtec or Vitamix blender guarantees a creamy dip!! I use a Vitamix, and made 1.5 times the recipe amount so there was enough for the whole family. Be sure to join our community for more ways to incorporate avocado into your diet and beauty regimen.
- 2 organic avocado peeled and pitted
- 4 green onions chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dash of Tabasco, or more to taste
- Place ingredients in jar and secure lid.
- For Blendtec TWISTER JAR: Hold lid with one hand, and with other hand press “Speed Up” to Speed 7. Turn lid counterclockwise during blending. Run for 30 seconds, and then press “Pulse” to stop. Add salt to taste.
- For Blendtec FOURSIDE Jar: Press the SPEED UP button to speed #1 at 15 seconds, press the SPEED UP button to speed 9 for remainder of cycle if blade spins freely stop. Using a spatula, move contents of jar towards center of jar and secure lid. Press SPEED UP button to speed #5 and run full cycle. Repeat until desired consistency.
- For Vitamix: Select VARIABLE, speed #1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE, speed #10, then to HIGH. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately with crackers or veggies to dip and enjoy!
HEALTH BENEFITS & FUN FACTS
Avocado is a high-fat food, but in a good way! The fats in avocado are unusual and have research-based benefits. Phytosterols like beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stimasterol reduce inflammation, especially for those who have arthritis. Avocado’s plyhydroxylated fatty alcohols (PFAs) are hard to find elsewhere in nature and are also anti-inflammatory! Avocados also contain an unusually high amount of oleic acid, which helps our digestive tract absorb fat-soluble nutrients like carotenoids and lower risk of heart disease. Avocado’s unusual plant-based fats are similar to other high-fat plant foods in that they have unusual health benefits!