ENTER our latest Blender Giveaway!
DR. OZ CINNAMON ROLLS FOR BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Spice up your morning with this cinnamon rolls for breakfast smoothie recipe by Dr. Oz! If you’re looking for the yummy taste of cinnamon rolls but without the guilt, you’ll love this smoothie just as much as we do! Tantalize your taste buds with cinnamon and vanilla while packing in your morning protein with a plant based protein powder! Your Blendtec or Vitamix high powered blender will easily pulverize the heart healthy nuts, so you’re just seconds away from a delicious and high protein and healthy fats breakfast smoothie. I’m sure everyone in our Blender Babes community will thank Dr. Oz for this tasty morning treat that we guiltlessly enjoy – now we can have a sweet treat in the morning that’s actually healthy!
- 1/2 cup almonds and 1 cup water (or 1 cup unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch Celtic or pink sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or powder
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon pecans
- Stevia to taste
- 2 heaping tablespoons plain or vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 1 tablespoons ground flax-seed (optional)
- 2 cups ice
- Place all the ingredients into your jar
- For Blendtec: Press the SOUP* button
- For Vitamix: Start on variable speed # 1, turn the machine on and slowly increase to speed 10, then flip to high. Blend for 1 to 1.5 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately
- All done! Enjoy!! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments! :) Tag @BlenderBabes & #BlenderBabes
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CINNAMON
1 tbsp of cinnamon has the same amount of antioxidants as 1 cup of pomegranate juice, which has even more than red wine, green tea, blueberries, and asparagus. Antioxidants help keep us youthful, rejuvenated, & alive. Cinnamon is an extremely powerful blood cleanser, as it has some of the best anti-bacterial properties ever seen in such a common spice. In addition, new research results are showing the great benefits cinnamon has on the liver, which too is vital for cleansing the blood.
Cinnamon’s scent alone offers empowering effects in concentration /alertness / focus. In one study, researchers found that a loaf of bread that had significant amounts of cinnamon was far slower to mold (as in days) than non-cinnamon counterparts. Cinnamon is one of the most powerful spices in terms of health and is likely sitting in your pantry this very moment. Give your body the royal treatment by enjoying the protective, cleansing, and rejuvenating health benefits that cinnamon, the Queen of Spices, has to offer.